SOIL & ENVIRONMENTAL SCIENCES STUDENTS SOCIETY (SESSS)
(REGISTERED ACT, XXI of 1860)
1. Name of Society:
The name of the Society will be “Soil and Environmental Sciences Students Society (SESSS)”.
2. Registered Office:
The registered office of the Soil and Environmental Sciences Students Society (SESSS)” will be situated at Institute of Soil & Environmental Sciences, University of Agriculture, Faisalabad, Pakistan.
3. Working Area:
The society will mainly focus on the students of the Institute of Soil and Environmental Sciences, University of Agriculture, Faisalabad, Pakistan. However, executive council will increase working area.
4. Aims and Objectives:
The aims and objectives of the society shall be enumerated as below;
♦ To Organize professional seminars, conferences, workshops symposium etc.
♦ To promote extracurricular activities among the students.
♦ To provide a platform for the students of the institute for healthy activates like
• Co-Curricular Activities
• Sports Activities
♦ Carrier counseling for students of the institute
♦ Collaborative programs with students of other universities
RULES AND REGULATIONS
Soil & Environmental Sciences Students Society (SESSS)
(Registered Under Act, XXI of 1860)
1. Name of Society:
The name of the society will be “Soil and Environmental Sciences Students Society (SESSS)”.
2. Registered Office:
The registered office of the “Soil and Environmental Sciences Students Society (SESSS)” will be situated at institute of Soil and Environmental Sciences, University of Agriculture, Faisalabad, Pakistan.
3. Working Area:
The society will mainly focus on the students of the institute of Soil and Environmental Sciences, Pakistan. However, executive council will increase working area.
4. Mode of Admission:
SESSS will offer membership to the student who takes admission in Institute of Soil and Environmental Sciences, University of Agriculture, Faisalabad, Pakistan.
a. Promises to abide by the rules & by-laws and all the decisions taken by the society in respect of the amendments of the rules & by-laws.
b. Subscribed in writing to carry out to the best of his capacity the objects of the society.
c. Every Member will deposit membership fee after every in the start of every semester.
d. He/ She is sane and bears a good moral character.
e. All the students of Institute of Soil & Environmental Sciences are qualified to be the member of the “Soil and Environmental Sciences Students Society (SESSS)”.
f. The persons having been declared the criminals or the social offender by any Court of Laws will not be eligible for the membership.
6. Disqualification from the Membership:
A member shall lose his membership on the following grounds and reasons and the managing committee is empowered to take the such decisions.
• On his death.
• When he/ she will not be the part of Institute of Soil Environmental Sciences, University of Agriculture, Faisalabad.
• On his resigning from the membership of the Society at any time at his/her sweet will.
• By giving one month’s notice in writing to the General Secretary to terminate the Membership.
• Ho who becomes of unsounds mind.
• He who is hindrance to the achievements of the aims and objectives of the society.
• He who has been declared insolvent.
• He who does not subscribe his membership fee.
7. Reinstatement of Membership:
a. In case membership is suspended temporarily for non-payment of subscription and failure to comply with show cause notice by the executive body, it will be automatically reinstated with the payment of subscription.
b. In case of permanent cancellation, the member will be required to become a member newly.
c. The member will have a right to appeal before the executive council for reinstatement of membership and the decision of executive council will final and binding on all.
d. Any Ex-Member whose membership was terminated under Article 6, may apply for re-admission to membership by paying prescribed fee as re-admission fee in addition to arrears outstanding against him.
8. Professional Conduct & Expulsion from Membership:
All questions affecting the professional conduct of any member or the member acting in contravention of the objects and interests of the Society or violating any resolution adopted at a general meeting or a meeting of Executive Committee or any subcommittee formed by Executive Committee after reasonable notice to such member. The Executive Committee may take action in one of the following manners:
1. By Warning
2. By censure
3. By compelling the guilty member to offer a suitable apology.
4. By asking the guilty member to resign from his membership of the Society.
5. By recommending the suspension as expulsion of such member to the general body which shall have full power to deal with matter. The finding of the general meeting in his respect shall be final.
9. Secrecy of Proceeding:
The office bearer and the members of Executive Committee shall be bound to secrecy over matter relating to Article 8 or any other matter which is under consideration by the Executive Committee as the general meeting.
10. Register of Members:
A register of member containing the names and addresses of the members of the society shall be kept at the registered office of the Society. All changes in addresses of members should be immediately be communicated in writing to the General Secretary at the Head office of the Society as the case may be.
Two administrative bodies i.e. Advisory Board and Executive Council of the Society will control the administration of the society.
12. General Body:
The General body will be considered all members of the society.
The general body will meet at least once in a year but in special case this may be called whenever necessary with the permission of President.
A fortnight’s notice will be essential for general body meeting. Under emergent circumstances meeting may be called by General Secretary with the approval of the President in weeks’ notice.
Two fifths of the total membership will be quorum of the meeting. In case of the adjourned meeting, there will be no quorum.
e. Annual Meeting:
Annual Meeting will be held in 1st week of December.
I. The guide the societies in fulfilling its objectives.
II. To act in the best interest of the Society
III. To attend and participate in all events which is managed by the society
13. Executive Council:
(i) The Executive Council shall consist of not less than Seven and not more than Eleven Members.
(ii) The management, control and all affairs like its Income & Property (both moveable & immoveable) of the “Soil and Environmental Sciences Students Society (SESSS)” shall be entrusted to the Executive Council.
(iii) The term of the executive council shall be one year, a member whose term expires shall be eligible for re-selection.
(iv) The following shall be the office bearer of the executive council of the society who shall hold office till September 30th 2018.
(v) The office bearer of the Executive Council 2018-19: -
|1.||Mr. Zain Mushtaq||President|
|2.||Miss Maria Hasmi||Senior Vice President|
|3.||Mr. Junaid Afzal||Vice President|
|4.||Miss Naqshe Zohra||Vice President|
|5.||Mr. M. Shaharyar Khan||General Secretary|
|6.||Miss Komal Naz||Joint Secretary 1|
|8.||Miss Mehwish Naseem||Joint Secretary 2|
|8.||Mr. Zahoor Ahmed Kakar||Finance Secretary|
|9.||Mr. Abdul Kareem||IT Manger|
|10.||Miss Ansa Rabi||Press Secretary|
|11.||Mr. Shahid Mustafa||Sports Secretary|
|12.||Mr. Imdad Hussain||Associate Finance Secretary|
|13.||Miss Arooj Saleem||Associate Finance Secretary|
|14.||Miss Afshan Kiran||Associate IT Manger|
|15.||Mr. Saad Bin Zafar||Associate Sports Secretary|
|16.||Mr. Ahsan Ali||Associate Sports Secretary|
|17.||Mr. Faizan Rafi||Associate Press Secretary|
|18.||Miss Sana Zulfiqar||Associate Press Secretary|
|19.||Mr. Mazhar Sultan||Councillor|
|20.||Mr. M. Waqar Azeem||Councillor|
|21.||Mr. Azhar Hussain||Councillor|
|23.||Miss Aqsa Gul Fatima||Councillor|
|24.||Mr. Farooq Ahmad||Councillor|
|25.||Mr. H. Musab Bin Mujahid||Councillor|
|26.||Miss Nosheen Kianat||Councillor|
|27.||Miss Maham Noreen||Councillor|
(vi) All the office bearers of executive council will be selected through interview by the Advisory Board.
(vii) No person shall be eligible for election/appointment as an office bearers of the governing body unless he is regular member of the Society in the vicinity of the Society.
(viii) Person who become president of SESSS once for one year, he will not be the part of SESSS Executive Council again.
The executive Council shall ordinarily meet once in every month, provided that the President may, where he thinks or on written request of not less than two members may call a special meeting of the executive council.
The notice of the meetings shall be given at least 3 days ahead but in special circumstances the General Secretary with the consent of the President, will have power to call meeting by giving one day notice.
14. Special General Meeting:
Any seven members of the Society may at any time by notice in writing to the general Secretary requite him to call a special General Meeting of the members of the society to consider such matter as may be brought before it, provided that such notice shall be given Ten Days before the holding of the meeting and shall specify the matters to be discussed. The General Secretary shall issue copies of this notice to the member within three days of its receipt and call the special general meeting. In case of emergency, a special general meeting may be called by the President and General Secretary at any moment after giving reasonable notice to the members.
15. Appeal against Orders of Executive Committee:
Any appeal from any order as decision of the Executive Committee any of these Articles may be presented in writing to the General Secretary within 15 days from the date of order appealed against and the General Secretary within 5 days of the receipt of such appeal shall convince the Special General Meeting of the Advisory Board to consider the same. The decision of the General Meetings of combine Executive Council and Advisory Board shall be final.
16. Reconsideration of Decision by General Meeting:
No decision of the General Meeting will be reconsidered within a period of six months after it is made, except on a requisition signed by at least one-third of the members of the Executive Council for this purpose.
17. Power & Duties of Governing Body:
• The Executive Council will be competent to raise funds and purchase necessary things for the society.
• To act in accordance with policies by the advisory board of the Society for the achievement of the objects of the Society.
• Will be responsible and authorized to control all internal and external financial and other matters of the society and make arrangements for this purpose.
• Will prepare annual report and annual budget for the approval of general body in its general meeting.
• Executive council in meeting will decide what type of function and event they are going to conduct.
18. Selection of Executive Council:
Vice-Chancellor, University of Agriculture, Faisalabad shall be the patron-in-Chief of the Society.
Director, Institute of Soil & Environmental Sciences shall be the Patron of the Society.
Convener of Board shall be nominated by the patron and he/she will supervise the society in all matters.
Society will run by an Executive Council consisting of student members nominated by the Director, Institute of Soil & Environmental Sciences on the recommendation of the Advisory Board.
The office bearers as mentioned in Article 13 shall be selected by the Advisory Board from amongst the students of Institute of soil & environmental sciences according to by-laws and shall hold the advisory board selected the executive council with the final recommendation of patron SESSS. Any vacancy amongst the executive Committee as other office bearers of the society may be filled up by the Executive Committee temporarily till the next cabinet.
The Advisory Board comprises of Four teachers of the Institute nominated by Director, Institute of Soil & Environmental Science.
Prof. Dr. Zahir A. Zahir (Convener)
a) Dr. Hafiz Naeem Asghar (Advisory Board Member)
b) Dr. Muhammad Aamer Maqsood (Advisory Board Member)
c) Dr. Hamad Raza Ahamad (Advisory Board Member)
d) Dr. H. M. Anwaar ul Haq (Secretary)
Criterial for Executive Council:
A post-graduate male student of any department of the institute, who has served the SESSS as an executive member for at least 2 year, can be the President of the Society, however to start with there will no such condition.
Senior Vice President:
A post-graduate female student of any department of the ISES, who has experience of extracurricular activities at least 2 year in any society, can be the Senior Vice President of Society.
A post-graduate male student of ISES, who has experience of extracurricular activities at least 1 year in any society, can be the Senior Vice President of Society.
A male student of M.Sc. (Hons.) can be the General Secretary of the society, who has experience of extracurricular activities at least 1 year in any society.
This office is reserved for 2 female students from B.Sc. (Hons) and above of the institute.
Finance Secretary will be a male student of 7th Semester B.Sc. (Hons.) Agri. Or above who has served the SESSS for at least 1 year.
Press Secretary will be a student of 5th Semester B.Sc. (Hons.) Agri. Or above of the institute.
IT Manager will be a student of B.Sc. (Hons.) Agri. Or above of the institute who has the Experience relate to IT.
Sports Secretary will be a male student of 7th Semester B.Sc. (Hons.) Agri. Or above who has served the SESSS for at least 1 year.
Associate Finance Secretary:
A female student from 5th semester of B.Sc. (Hons) Agri. Or above can be the Associate Finance Secretary.
Associate Sports Secretary:
A female student from 5th semester of B.Sc. (Hons) Agri. Or above can be the Associate sports Secretary.
19. Office Bearers:
The Executive Council of the Society shall consist of the followings: -
The following will be the perform and duties of the President.
1. To preside over all the meetings of the Executive Body.
2. To Exercise all powers of the Executive Body in the absence of the body.
3. He will sign the important papers & Accounts Books. 4. He can exercise special opinion/power in case of equal votes.
5. He can call or adjourn any meeting according to the situation.
6. To keep order at the meeting of the Society.
7. To give his ruling on the disputed interpretation of any clause of the Articles of the Memorandum.
8. All stipendiary officers and employees of the Society shall be under his control and supervision.
9. To approve all affiliations and other similar arrangements through which institutions or individuals may become associated with the Society.
10. To act as the Chief Executive of the Society.
11. To ask the General Secretary to convene meetings of the Executive Committee, Sub-Committee, General Body as such other meetings of the Society as he thinks necessary.
12. To give priority to any item on the agenda of any meeting of the Society.
13. To delegate his powers to the Vice President or any other office bearers as and when necessary.
14. To look after all the activities of the Society.
15. To try for the implementation of aims and objectives of the Society.
16. He shall be entitled to check accounts of the Society any time.
17. To implement the decisions of the Executive Committee the General Meetings of the Society in consultation with President.
2- SENIOR VICE PRESIDENT:
1. The Senior Vice President shall exercise such powers as many be delegated in writing by the President.
2. In the absence of the President she will be authorized to call, convene and preside over the meetings of the governing body.
3- VICE PRESIDENT:
1. The Vice President shall exercise such powers as may be delegated in writing by the President.
2. In the absence of the President he will authorized to call, convene and preside over the meetings of the governing body.
4- GENERAL SECRETARY:
Subject to the supervision, control and orders of the president, the General Secretary shall perform the following duties.
1. To call meeting of the General body/Governing body with the consent of the President.
2. To keep minutes of the meetings of General Body/Governing Body.
3. To keep and preserve the records of the Society/Governing Body.
4. To carry on the correspondence on the behalf of the Society/Governing body.
5. To prepare agenda of meetings and to circulate the same and arrange the meetings of the Society.
6. To perform all legal formalities to run the Society according to law.
7. To act as immediate executive officer of the Society.
8. To carry out the decisions of the Executive Committee and convey the same to the members of the Society.
9. To have the Society under the supervision of President.
10. To keep and maintain, as cause to be kept as maintained up to date all. Register kept required to be kept by the Executive Committee.
11. To prepare the annual report of the working Society in consultation with the Executive Committee and to submit it for acceptance by the members at the annual general meeting of the Society.
12. To keep the separate minute’s books of the General meetings of the Executive Committee and other committees as such committees and record the proceedings of such meetings in the respective books and get them certified and signed by President.
13. To receive decision on application for membership and submit them to the Executive Council for approval.
14. To incur expenditure within the limits prescribed by the Executive Committee in consultations with president.
15. To keep the register of members of the Society and Members of the Executive Committee with such details as the Executive Committee may from time to time determine.
16. To get the sanction of the Executive Committee if the expenditure to be incurred is more than the limits set by Executive Committee.
17. To take step to ensure that elections of the society are held in accordance with Articles.
18. To assign Work to the staff of the Society.
5- JOINT SECRETARY 1:
She will assist the General Secretary and will act as General Secretary in his absence.
6- JOINT SECRETARY 2:
She will assist the General Secretary and will act as General Secretary in his absence.
7- FINANCE SECRETARY:
1. To keep accounts of all financial transaction of the society and of all the sum of money received and spent by the society and maintain records of receipts and expenses relating to such matters; and of assets, credits and liabilities. Provided that accounts shall be kept separately of all donations/grants/contributions if any.
2. To get the accounts audited by the chartered accountant appointed by the governing body at the close of accounting year, every year.
3. To submit the annual accounts and budgets of the society to the Advisory Board.
4. To receive admission fees, subscription, penalties, monetary gifts, donations and other amounts in cash or kind through central office on the behalf of the Society and to issue receipts for the same.
5. To deposits the funds of the society in the Bank ̴ Banks and to keep only such amount in cash in his possession as may be prescribed by the Executive Committee for defraying the daily expenditure.
8- PRESS SECRETARY:
1. He shall publish the activities of the Society through various information notes, newsletters, magazines, newspapers and make the possibility to present all the activities through electronic media such as internet, television, radio etc. He shall perform such other duties assigned to him by the President.
2. He shall maintain the record and contact with press, local bodies, Government Departments and other Society concerning with the Social welfare security of the Society.
3. To propagate the aims & Objects of the Society.
9- SPORTS SECRETARY:
He will be responsible for arranging sports activities of the Society.
10- IT Manager:
He will responsible for the update about Society or Institute on Social Media in coordination with Press Secretary. He will responsible for update of Society website.
11- ASSOCIATE FINANCE SECRETARY:
She will help Finance Secretary in the conduct of this duties.
12- ASSOCIATE SPORTS SECRETARY:
A female student from 5th Semester or of above can be the Associate Sports Secretary.
20. Selection Petitions:
A Selection Petition Board will be the Advisory Board of SESSS. On appeal from any aggrieved contesting candidate the Selection Petition Board will decide the appeal on merits after giving reasonable opportunity to the parties concerned, the decision of the Selection Petition Board will be final.
21. Sources of Funding:
The following will be the sources of funding/income. Membership fee, donations from local and abroad. Other sources while the Executive Committee of the society may from time to time seek to exploit.
22. Change & Amendments in the Constitutions/Rules and By Laws:
Any change or amendment in the constitution/rules and by-laws be done by the Advisory Board on the advice of Executive council. This information along with attested copy of rules/by-laws should be sent within a week, to registrar of Societies for incorporation/confirmation.
23. ASSETS & FUNDS:
All the funds shall be kept in any scheduled Bank and will be jointly operated by Convener Advisory Board and President Society. The Advisory Board and Executive council may however, authorize some other member of the executive council to operate the account in place of Convener Advisory Board and President.
All assets & funds will belong to the Society and not to any individual member/office bearer.
All purchase & sales pertaining to the society shall be as per direction of Advisory Board and Executive Council.
24. ACCOUNTS OF THE SOCIETY:
a) Financial year of the society shall be from 1st October to 30th September of the Succeeding year.
b) The convener, Advisory Board and President Society will run the account which will be opened in any bank that have branch in the University of Agriculture, Faisalabad.
25. RECORDS TO BE KEPT BY THE SOCIETY:
The following books should be kept:
a) A Minutes Book of the proceedings of the Advisory Board, Executive Council and the General Body.
b) Account Book
c) Subscription Book
d) Stock Register
e) Suggestions Book
f) Such other books as the Executive council may decide.
26. SUGGESTIONS AND COMPLAINTS:
Members may enter any suggestion or complaint in the suggestion book which shall be kept for that purpose in the office of the society and the General Society shall take necessary action there on.
27. DISSOLUTION OF THE SOCIETY:
The Society shall be dissolved as per Acts 13 & 14 of Societies Registration Act, 1860. All the immovable properties of Society shall be handed over to the Institute of Soil and Environmental Sciences as decided by the executive council and Advisory Board after the payment of all the liabilities.
We undersigned certify that above rules & regulations of the Society are true & correct.
President General Secretary Finance Secretary